Thursday 19 March 2015

Ipsy March 2015 Review


Ipsy was one of my very first subscriptions. They send 4-5 deluxe sample and full sized beauty products a month in a lovely makeup bag. There is a beauty profile you fill out when you sign up and they customize your bag based on your preferences. I have received lots of awesome products from Ipsy and its definitely a great starter subscription!

The Cost: $10.00/month + $4.95 Shipping (US Dollars)



Ipsy always comes in a lovely makeup bag! This month the bag is floral on one side and a pretty solid blue on the other.


 

First Look. Looks good! I am always excited to see lipstick.


NYX Cosmetics Butter Lipstick in Little Suzie FULL SIZE $6.00

Pamper your lips with a hydrating kiss of smooth Butter Lipstick in 22 luxurious shades. The delicate texture of satin fused with the high color saturation creates an even finish on lips that’s long-wearing and beautiful.

This is a nice formula and I could not be more pleased with the color I received. My only complaint is that the tube itself feels super cheap but for a $6.00 lipstick I can let it slide.

 
 
 Big Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Creme Oil Sample 1.0 fl oz $5.00

Soy Renewal Crème Oil is a blow dry crème that speeds up drying time while protecting hair against mechanical damage from heat styling & harmful UV rays from the sun. Its lightweight formula softens, moisturizes and conditions the hair creating shine, luminosity and the appearance of healthy hair.

This sounds right up my alley! I'm currently still obsessed with my Tony and Guy leave in conditioner from Glossybox but will be out of it soon and will try this next! This is a decent size sample that would work well for my travel bag as well.



This fresh and pretty neutral pencil will brighten and visibly lift your eyes when lightly applied on the brow bone, dark circles, blemishes and red spots. In addition, this multi-purpose pencil can be used to brighten and “open” the eye area by applying to the water line and inner corners of the eye. Applying a thin, blended line down the center of the nose creates the illusion of a thinner nose. Perfect for highlighting a beautiful smile by eliminating dark shadows and preventing lipstick spread by applying to the Cupid 's bow and along the lip line. So many uses in just one perfect pencil! Formulated for LIGHT toned skin.

When I first saw this, my first thought was great another highlighter I'll never use. But its growing on me as an eye pencil!




 “An apple a day keeps the lines away.” This oil-free, lightweight lotion is formulated with apple stem cells to help delay the natural signs of aging by maintaining the longevity and activity of stem cells in the skin. Simultaneously, retinol stimulates new cell turnover and improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Dr. Brandt’s multi-tasking formula provides the best of both worlds, delivering anti-aging and pore minimizing/mattifying benefits. 

Ipsy says this is a 0.26oz sample but the bottle says 0.25oz so I'm going to go with that. I have heard awesome things about this brand am excited to try this!



Marsk Mineral Eyeshadow in Lucky Penny 0.4 oz FULL SIZE $22.50

MARSK Mineral Eyeshadows (1.2g) are 100% natural, mineral based loose powder that are strictly cruelty free (not tested on animals) and available in a range of striking shades that offer endless colour possibilities for a professional makeup effect. Featuring a creamy texture, these highly pigmented powders are easily blendable and offer you the ability to create depth and intensity around the eye..

Best for last? I LOVE the color I received and have used a tiny bit of this everyday since I got it. It has a super pretty shimmer and I love the copper color. The formula is great and it stays exactly where I put it. Not sure if I would pay $22.50 for a single eyeshadow but receiving it from Ipsy is a total win.

 Final Verdict: Well hello March Ipsy, this month was a total win for me! For the first time in a while I will use every product I received. The value is fantastic at $54.50. Value has been a big factor lately with our Canadian dollar dropping, the cost of many US boxes is 20% more.
I received 3 full sized products and 2 generous samples! I should also add that Ipsy has an awesome points system. Points are earned by reviewing your products online and referring friends and can be used to buy products in the points store.
Ipsy was on my chopping block but after this great month, I'm going to stick around.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment